Sunday, November 14, 2010

be friend with Katakana

For me personally, Katakana is not a foreign word anymore. My sister studied Japanese literature and now she lives in japan. so my ears and my eyes are so used to it. and some of us who may have received Japanese language lessons while still in high school must already know a bit about katakana. and the rest maybe still blind with this katakana stuff.

so here i am, to share knowledge and to remind again all about this. Katakana is japanese syllabary, one component of the Japanese writing system along with Hiragana and Kanji, and in some cases the latin alphabet (romaji). The world Katakana means "fragmentary kana". Katakana are characterized by short, straight strokes, and angular corners, and are the simplest of the Japanese scripts. is it me or am i really sound so boring? all this information is available on the internet of course. why do i bother to wrote down again. one click and google will show you everything you wished to know about Katakana it self.

i've been doing research about the most important language in the world and Japanese in number 8 after English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, chinese and German. This fact is surprising to me because i was, until today, just knew how important Japanese is. Back in high school, i always skipped my Japanese class because i felt i wasnt so important to me and weird and freakin' hard. i never imagined before that i should write "NA" but i didnt supposed to write the letters N and A. i bet i will spend ages to write my own name! and when i was face to face to the fact that im not an anime lover or their music lover and whatsoever really makes me dislike the language more and more.

but now everything has changed. when my lecture gave me this task to write presentation about Katakana, i was thinking if i only give the meaning and examples it would be so seriously boring. so i read more and more articles about Katakana and suddenly my eyes open wider. this language is important. Japan as we all know, controls the industry, technology, design, fashion even music. you dont have to be an anime lover to like it. as the wikipedia said, katakana is the simplest of Japanese scripts. so it will makes a good and easy first step for us to learn. as a young designer, we try so hard to rule the world by our design, and to rule the world, we have to be part of it. and language is the key to that door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers